Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Great Meal Moment: "I'll have what she's having."

One of the best things I have ever had was this simple dish of pasta, filled with a light cheese, and topped with a little butter and dusted ever so delicately with cheese. I think it was the “Il Plin” con la ricotta di pecora da Murazzano e burro d’alpeggio. I wasn’t paying too much attention when they brought the dish, which was served to me on my recent trip to the Langhe at Locanda nel Borgo Antico in Barolo. Only to say I had a “When Harry met Sally” moment when I first tasted the ravioli. Absolutely perfect in every simple way a pasta should be.



The wines? We finished off the Bollinger and dove right into the Elvio Cogno “Anas-Cetta” and both paired beautifully with the ravioli.


With immense thanks to Valter Fissore of Elvio Cogno and Chef Massimo Camia for a meal I won't forget.



Real Time Analytics